November 05, 2013

Sakura Festival

In a few days I will be off to Japan for four weeks. While there I will be revisiting some of my favourite places. One of those place is Rigukien Gardens in Tokyo where in the spring you can see the most beautiful, ancient weeping cherry blossom tree.


That tree inspired an art wall quilt I started in a design course with Helen Fujiki. It involved making a considerable number of three-dimensional cherry blossoms. As I readied for my trip I was inspired to finally add the finishing touches from scraps remaining of the cherry blossoms. Most of the fabrics in the quilt are from the on-line store, Kallisti Quilts.

The quilt is actually squared. It is my picture taking that's at fault.

My good friend Tomi is now a proud grandmother so I decided to make a child's quilt for Kiku-chan. Here you can catch a glimpse of it in progress with Shiro supervising.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Questions, comments and feedback are appreciated. Every effort will be made to respond to questions.