April 08, 2013

Spring is Really Coming!

Today, the sun kept peeking out and it was a nice day to spring clean the garden. There in my back garden a little bouquet of golden crocuses peaked out of the ground bringing hope that soon we would be experiencing a warmer spring.

                                                                   DSC03090-001

 

As I worked, I thought of some of my quilting friends who say they have trouble putting together colours in their quilts and I started imagining my garden in bloom. Gardens are such a wonderful source for colours, textures and shapes in our quilting. I searched through some of my pictures of my gardens and love the orange and black of this beautiful monarch feeding of my butterfly bush. Look at how these colours play off each other.

                                                                                                                                                                    Butterflies in My Yard-003

I am so looking forward to the fresh greens and blooms of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Questions, comments and feedback are appreciated. Every effort will be made to respond to questions.